House of Design is a platform for professional design. We stimulate the innovative strength of designers and presents this to SMEs, gouvernment and the public.
Therefore we initiate and organise projects, national and international. We aim for sustainable and innovative solutions. House of Design works from the opinion that professional designers have the tools to make the world future proof. Because of their inventiveness they are the base of a sustainable community.
House of Design works from the opinion that professional designers have the tools to make the world future proof. Because of their inventiveness they are the base of a sustainable community.
HoD projects create a sustainable value chain in co-operation with stakeholders in the chain to enhance a sustainable society.
- Design&Concept: an easthetic approach to create acknowledgement with the region
- Material: local resources used in craft or new technology 21st skills > new business model farmers, biodiversity;
- Education&research: preserving craft, university research > innovation, stimulating local maker education in educating craft and 21st century skills>
- Production&logistics: maker start-ups in local production with craft and 21st century skills> local employment;
- Market&policy: new business model, shared stores, downloadable design > liveliness in inner cities, circular tendering;
- Product end: circular, new ownership >new resource (or heritage).
For more information check the interview with Eileen Blackmore on https://www.houseofdesign.nl/en/a-model-that-invites-you-to-think-and-participate/
Besides several regional initiatives, House of Design (HoD) has been involved in previous European projects e.g. 3D Comenius (completed in 2015) and 3D Education (completed in June 2018) in which designers, artists and scientists work together to develop lesson plans for various subjects, where 3D printing has a key role.
9725 BG Groningen
(NL) The Netherlands
Founder & Director
Mobile number: 0031 6 5158 8851